Communication Guys Comments Policy
The back-and-forth nature of online comments can sometimes turn into a shouting match that isn’t consistent with our goal of good communication. Therefore, these are our rules for commenting on the Communication Guys site.
By posting on our site, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. You can log in via Disqus, OpenID, Twitter, Facebook—or not at all. It’s up to you.
- You may not post anonymously. We stand behind our words, and we ask that you be willing to do the same.
- You may post follow-up questions. We would rather respond to your questions and comments on our website than via e-mail, due to the volume of emails we sometimes receive.
- You may disagree with us, and we welcome discussion. However, we ask that if you disagree with us—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. In our opinion, there is too much shouting in the public square to tolerate it on our website.
- We have no obligation to publish your comments, and we reserve the right to delete them at our discretion. Specifically, we will delete comments when they contain content that is, in our sole opinion, (a) overly sarcastic; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate our sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. We do not own them and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on our site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant us the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
Our goal is to host interesting conversations between caring, honest, and respectful people. We believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.